Per OAR 737-015-0070(4), an instructor must be re-certified every two years. To help you stay current on your certification, we will send a computer generated email to you 60 days prior to your certification expiration date. If you take no action, we will send you a subsequent reminder at 30 days prior to expiration. The email will contain a secure link to apply for re-certification.
During the re-certification process, instructors will be asked to:
- Verify your contact information
- Provide verification for your required 15 hours of continuing education (if not already received by Western Oregon University)
- Request that your driver education employer submit 30 hours of classroom and/or behind the wheel instruction from an ODOT approved program. Your employer will provide this verification through their provider portal in the RAPID automation system.
- Verify or upload their current first aid and CPR certification
In addition to your renewal application and providing the above documentation, WOU will run a criminal history check through the Oregon State Police as required by OAR 737-015-0070(3)(g).
Please note that there is a $35.00 re-certification processing fee.
As always, please notify us at trafficsafety@WOU.edu if you have any questions that aren’t answered by the information on this page. Additionally, please notify us if any changes occur to your:
- Contact Information (address, phone, email)
- Driver Education Employer (switch employers, add an employer)
- Resignation / retirement from active teaching
- Ineligibility due to traffic or criminal conviction